We are excited to invite you to apply for a special grant to win a Captain Planet Foundation Learning Garden through a partnership with Tops Friendly Markets, Dole Fruit Bowls, and the Captain Planet Foundation.
Schools who wish to enter this contest must exist in the market service areas of Tops Friendly Markets, such as:
Upstate New York, Northern Pennsylvania, and Western Vermont [please see complete eligible county list in the
Garden Grant Contest Official Rules 2014 - page 1]
This contest is now closed. Finalist to be contacted May 15th.
Captain Planet Foundation’s (CPF) Learning Gardens program offers schools strategies for building effective and long-lasting garden-based learning programs. Gardens provide a context for multi-disciplinary learning in subjects across the curriculum.
The CPF Learning Gardens Program includes:
· Installation of 5 raised beds for veggies and an in-ground pollinator garden
· 6 Lessons per grade level (K-5) aligned to common core standards and the framework for K-12 science education
· Lesson kits filled with all supplies needed to teach lessons (3 per grade level)
· Fully-equipped Mobile Cooking Cart to demonstrate garden-fresh recipes
· Summer garden management program model
· 2-day professional development workshop for up to 6 teachers per school
Students involved in school gardens benefit by:
· Expanding their palates, taste-testing healthy foods, and learning about food origins
· Engaging in authentic science field investigations
· Manipulating the environment to understand math in real-life applications
· Recreating historical activities
· Writing across all disciplines
Please complete the following application to the best of your abilities for a chance to win the Learning Gardens Program for your school!
Please View Official Rules Here
About Tops Friendly Markets, LLC
Tops Friendly Markets, LLC, is headquartered in Williamsville, NY and operates 159 full-service supermarkets – 154 company-owned and five franchise locations under the Tops, Grand Union and Bryant’s banners. With more than 15,000 associates, Tops is a leading full-service grocery retailer in upstate New York, northern Pennsylvania and western Vermont. For more information about Tops Friendly Markets, visit the company’s website at www.topsmarkets.com.
Tops Friendly Markets® is proud of our work with hundreds of local organizations in the communities we serve – our community partners. Our partnered success last year, with you, our customer, gave Tops the opportunity to make donations in excess of $5 million to not-for-profit organizations that share our belief that by helping to feed those in need and enhancing the quality of life for children through education and excellent health care, we build a strong future together.
About Dole Packaged Foods & Dole Fruit Bowls ®
Dole Packaged Foods, LLC, a subsidiary of Dole International Holdings, is a leader in sourcing, processing, distributing and marketing fruit products and healthy snacks throughout the world. Dole markets a full line of canned, jarred, cup, frozen and dried fruit products and is an innovator in new forms of packaging and processing fruit. “Dole Fruit Bowls (R) are the highest quality, all natural fruit packed in 100% juice. In eight different varieties, Dole Fruit Bowls in 100% juice are the number one fruit cup line in the US.” For more information please visit www.dole.com.