We're excited to invite you to apply for a special grant to win a Captain Planet Foundation Project Learning Garden® through a partnership with Festival Foods, DOLE® Packaged Foods, and the Captain Planet Foundation.
The competition is open to all schools (K-5) located in the states of Wisconsin in the counties of Baraboo and Portage. One (1) grand prize winners will be selected.
ALL ENTRIES MUST BE SUBMITTED BY September 21, 2018.
Captain Planet Foundation’s (CPF) Project Learning Garden Program offers schools strategies for building effective and long-lasting garden-based learning programs. Gardens provide a context for multi-disciplinary learning in subjects across the curriculum. See below for more detailed information on Project Learning Garden. Please complete the following application to the best of your abilities for a chance to win the Project Learning Garden Program for your school!
Project Learning Gardens Program includes:
- Installation of 5 raised beds for veggies and a pollinator garden
- 6 Lessons per grade level (K-5) aligned to common core standards and the framework for K-12 science education
- Lesson kits filled with all supplies needed to teach lessons (3 per grade level)
- Fully-equipped Mobile Cooking Cart to demonstrate garden-fresh recipes
- Summer garden management program model
- Online professional development for teachers
Students involved in school gardens benefit by:
- Expanding their palates, taste-testing healthy foods, and learning about food origins
- Engaging in authentic science field investigations
- Manipulating the environment to understand math in real-life applications
- Recreating historical activities
- Writing across all disciplines
Founded in 1946 as Skogen's IGA, Festival Foods is a Wisconsin family- and employee-owned grocer that is committed to giving back to the communities it serves and to providing guests with exceptional service and value. The company began operating as Festival Foods in 1990 and today employs more than 7,500 full- and part-time associates. The company currently operates 31 full-service supermarkets across the state of Wisconsin.
Dole Packaged Foods, LLC is a world leader in growing, sourcing, distributing and marketing fruit and healthy snacks. Dole sells a full-line of packaged ambient fruit, frozen fruit, dried fruit, and juices. The company focuses on four pillars of sustainability in all of its operations: water management, carbon footprint, soil conservation and waste reduction.
Festival Foods Contest Form
After submitting the contest form you will see a confirmation screen and receive a confirmation email.
If you have problems completing this form, please contact email@example.com.