We're excited to invite you to apply for a special grant to win a Captain Planet Foundation Project Learning Garden® through a partnership with Harps, DOLE® Packaged Foods, and the Captain Planet Foundation.
The competition is open to any state-accredited elementary school (K-5) located in the states of Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri, or Oklahoma. Schools must be within ten (10) miles of a Harps store.
Please read official rules for eligible counties.
ENTRIES TO THIS CONTEST ARE NOW CLOSED
Captain Planet Foundation’s (CPF) Project Learning Garden Program provides schools and educators with materials and support to create an outdoor learning space using STEAM to engages students’ curiosity about the world around them through immersive learning experiences.
Two (2) grand prize winners will receive:
Package valued at $3,000
- Garden or garden expansion (for schools with an existing garden).
- Access to our online garden-based lessons, spanning content areas and grade levels.
- Materials and supplies to support PLG lessons and garden-based activities.
- Fully-equipped Mobile Cooking Cart to demonstrate garden-fresh recipes.
- Online professional development for teachers.
- Some winning schools will be asked to participate in a media event hosted by our sponsors and a workshop or assembly facilitated by Captain Planet Foundation.
Harps is a 100% employee-owned company which operates 113 stores in four states including: Arkansas, Oklahoma, Missouri, and Kansas. Harps is the largest employee owned company in the state of Arkansas. Harps was founded by Harvard and Floy Harp in Springdale, Arkansas in 1930. Since then, the company has grown to employ over 5,500 associates. For additional information and company history, visit the link below:
Dole Packaged Foods, LLC is a world leader in growing, sourcing, distributing and marketing fruit and healthy snacks. Dole sells a full-line of packaged ambient fruit, frozen fruit, dried fruit, and juices. The company focuses on four pillars of sustainability in all of its operations: water management, carbon footprint, soil conservation and waste reduction.