Win a Learning Garden for Your Elementary School!
We're excited to invite you to apply for a special grant to win a Captain Planet Foundation Project Learning Garden® through a partnership with Harris Teeter, DOLE® Packaged Foods, and the Captain Planet Foundation.
The competition is open to any state-accredited elementary school (K-5) located in the states of North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, Georgia, Florida, Delaware, Maryland, and the District of Columbia and be within 10 miles of a Harris Teeter store. One (1) grand prize winner will be selected to receive a media event hosted by our sponsors and a workshop or assembly facilitated by Captain Planet Foundation.
ALL ENTRIES MUST BE SUBMITTED BY February 2, 2020.
Captain Planet Foundation’s (CPF) Project Learning Garden Program offers schools strategies for building effective and long-lasting garden-based learning programs. Gardens provide a context for multi-disciplinary learning in subjects across the curriculum. See below for more detailed information on Project Learning Garden. Please complete the following application to the best of your abilities for a chance to win the Project Learning Garden Program for your school!
Project Learning Gardens Program includes:
- Delivery of 5 easy-to-assemble cedar raised beds
- Access to our online garden-based lessons, spanning content areas and grade levels
- Materials and supplies to support PLG lessons and garden-based activities
- Fully-equipped Mobile Cooking Cart to demonstrate garden-fresh recipes
- Online professional development for teachers
Students involved in school gardens benefit by:
- Expanding their palates, taste-testing healthy foods, and learning about food origins
- Engaging in experiential science through authentic field investigations
- Manipulating the environment to understand math in real-life applications
- Recreating historical activities
- Writing across all disciplines
Harris Teeter believes that by giving back to our communities, we can build incredible neighborhoods for all of us. We see getting involved in our communities at the local store level and through corporate contributions as an important part of doing business. But more importantly, we want vibrant neighborhoods because that's where our associates and customers live.
Dole Packaged Foods, LLC is a world leader in growing, sourcing, distributing and marketing fruit and healthy snacks. Dole sells a full-line of packaged ambient fruit, frozen fruit, dried fruit, and juices. The company focuses on four pillars of sustainability in all of its operations: water management, carbon footprint, soil conservation and waste reduction.
After submitting the contest form you will see a confirmation screen and receive a confirmation email.
Note: If you click the "Save and Continue Later" button this screen will give you an application link to copy and save for later use. You will also receive an email with the application link.
If you have problems completing this form, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.