Win a Learning Garden for
Your Elementary School!
We’re excited to invite you to apply for a special grant to win a Captain Planet Foundation Project Learning Garden® through a partnership with Key Food, DOLE® Packaged Foods, and the Captain Planet Foundation.
The competition is open to any state-accredited elementary school (K-5) located in one of the five New York City Boroughs: Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, the Bronx, or Staten Island. Schools must be within ten (10) miles of a Key Food store.
Captain Planet Foundation’s (CPF) Project Learning Garden Program provides schools and educators with materials and support to create an outdoor learning space using STEAM to engages students’ curiosity about the world around them through immersive learning experiences.ENTER CONTEST HERE
Two (2) grand prize winners will receive:
- Garden or garden expansion (for schools with an existing garden).
- Access to our online garden-based lessons, spanning content areas and grade levels.
- Materials and supplies to support PLG lessons and garden-based activities.
- Fully-equipped Mobile Cooking Cart to demonstrate garden-fresh recipes.
- Online professional development for teachers.
- Some winning schools will be asked to participate in a media event hosted by our sponsors and a workshop or assembly facilitated by Captain Planet Foundation.
The words say it all. At Key Food, they’re different. They are your neighborhood marketplace, where you can buy a few groceries on your way home, or you can shop for the whole week. They’ve got it all… a wide assortment of quality products, convenient neighborhood locations, and friendly service-minded staff.Learn More
Dole Packaged Foods, LLC is a world leader in growing, sourcing, distributing and marketing fruit and healthy snacks. Dole sells a full-line of packaged ambient fruit, frozen fruit, dried fruit, and juices. The company focuses on four pillars of sustainability in all of its operations: water management, carbon footprint, soil conservation and waste reduction.See Products Our Sustainability Efforts