WIN A LEARNING GARDEN FOR YOUR ELEMENTARY SCHOOL!
We’re excited to invite you to apply for a special grant to win a Captain Planet Foundation Project Learning Garden® through a partnership with Redner’s Markets, DOLE® Packaged Foods, and the Captain Planet Foundation.
The competition is open to all schools (K-5) located in the states of Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Maryland and be within 10 miles of a Redner’s store. Two (2) winners will be selected. One (1) grand prize winner will be selected to receive a media event hosted by our sponsors and a workshop or assembly facilitated by Captain Planet Foundation.
Captain Planet Foundation’s (CPF) Project Learning Garden Program offers schools strategies for building effective and long-lasting garden-based learning programs. Gardens provide a context for multi-disciplinary learning in subjects across the curriculum. See below for more detailed information on Project Learning Garden. Please complete the following application to the best of your abilities for a chance to win the Project Learning Garden Program for your school!
- Delivery of 5 easy-to-assemble cedar raised beds
- Access to our online garden-based lessons, spanning content areas and grade levels
- Materials and supplies to support PLG lessons and garden-based activities
- Fully-equipped Mobile Cooking Cart to demonstrate garden-fresh recipes
- Online professional development for teachers
- Expanding their palates, taste-testing healthy foods, and learning about food origins
- Engaging in experiential science through authentic field investigations
- Manipulating the environment to understand math in real-life applications
- Recreating historical activities
- Writing across all disciplines
We remain committed to supporting the community in which each Warehouse Market and Quick Shoppe is located through a variety of supportive partnerships and enrichment programs. Our mission is to create rewarding experiences by being a great place to shop and work!
Dole Packaged Foods, LLC is a world leader in growing, sourcing, distributing and marketing fruit and healthy snacks. Dole sells a full-line of packaged ambient fruit, frozen fruit, dried fruit, and juices. The company focuses on four pillars of sustainability in all of its operations: water management, carbon footprint, soil conservation and waste reduction. For more information please visit dolesunshine.com or doleintlcsr.com.