We're excited to invite you to apply for a special grant to win a Captain Planet Foundation Project Learning Garden® through a partnership with Tops Friendly Markets, DOLE® Packaged Foods, and the Captain Planet Foundation.
The competition is open to all schools (K-5) or accredited after-school child care facility located in the states New York, Vermont or Northern Pennsylvania.
Two (2) grand prize winners will be selected.
ALL ENTRIES MUST BE SUBMITTED BY March 16, 2019.
Captain Planet Foundation’s (CPF) Project Learning Garden Program offers schools strategies for building effective and long-lasting garden-based learning programs. Gardens provide a context for multi-disciplinary learning in subjects across the curriculum. See below for more detailed information on Project Learning Garden. Please complete the following application to the best of your abilities for a chance to win the Project Learning Garden Program for your school!
Project Learning Gardens Program includes:
- Installation of 5 raised beds for veggies and a pollinator garden
- 6 Lessons per grade level (K-5) aligned to common core standards and the framework for K-12 science education
- Lesson kits filled with all supplies needed to teach lessons (3 per grade level)
- Fully-equipped Mobile Cooking Cart to demonstrate garden-fresh recipes
- Summer garden management program model
- Online professional development for teachers
Students involved in school gardens benefit by:
- Expanding their palates, taste-testing healthy foods, and learning about food origins
- Engaging in authentic science field investigations
- Manipulating the environment to understand math in real-life applications
- Recreating historical activities
- Writing across all disciplines
Tops Markets, LLC, is headquartered in Williamsville, NY and operates 159 full-service supermarkets – 154 company-owned and five franchise locations under the Tops, Grand Union and Bryant's banners. With more than 15,000 associates, Tops is a leading full-service grocery retailer in upstate New York, northern Pennsylvania and western Vermont.
TOPS Markets® is proud of our work with hundreds of local organizations in the communities we serve – our community partners. Our partnered success last year, with you, our customer, gaveTOPS the opportunity to make donations in excess of $7 million to not-for-profit organizations that share our belief that by helping to feed those in need and enhancing the quality of life for children through education and excellent health care, we build a strong future together.
Dole Packaged Foods, LLC is a world leader in growing, sourcing, distributing and marketing fruit and healthy snacks. Dole sells a full-line of packaged ambient fruit, frozen fruit, dried fruit, and juices. The company focuses on four pillars of sustainability in all of its operations: water management, carbon footprint, soil conservation and waste reduction.
After submitting the contest form you will see a confirmation screen and receive a confirmation email.
Note: If you click the "Save and Continue Later" button this screen will give you an application link to copy and save for later use. You will also receive an email with the application link.
If you have problems completing this form, please contact email@example.com.