Win a Learning Garden for Your Elementary School!
We're excited to invite you to apply for a special grant to win a Captain Planet Foundation Project Learning Garden® through a partnership with Woodman’s Markets, DOLE® Packaged Foods, and the Captain Planet Foundation.
The competition is open to all schools (K-5) located in the states of . Two (2) grand prize winners will be selected.
ALL ENTRIES MUST BE SUBMITTED BY , 2018.
Captain Planet Foundation’s (CPF) Project Learning Garden Program offers schools strategies for building effective and long-lasting garden-based learning programs. Gardens provide a context for multi-disciplinary learning in subjects across the curriculum. See below for more detailed information on Project Learning Garden. Please complete the following application to the best of your abilities for a chance to win the Project Learning Garden Program for your school!
Click here to download or view the Official Rules.
Project Learning Gardens Program includes:
- Installation of 5 raised beds for veggies and a pollinator garden
- 6 Lessons per grade level (K-5) aligned to common core standards and the framework for K-12 science education
- Lesson kits filled with all supplies needed to teach lessons (3 per grade level)
- Fully-equipped Mobile Cooking Cart to demonstrate garden-fresh recipes
- Summer garden management program model
- Online professional development for teachers
Students involved in school gardens benefit by:·
- Expanding their palates, taste-testing healthy foods, and learning about food origins
- Engaging in authentic science field investigations
- Manipulating the environment to understand math in real-life applications
- Recreating historical activities
- Writing across all disciplines
At Woodman’s Markets we strive to be an integral part of the communities in which we live and work every day. We want to support causes that directly impact you, our customers, and your families, on the home front.
To accomplish this, we focus on a broad array of causes that promote healthy communities, from children to seniors, including local schools, for all ages and abilities. Woodman’s is also a long-time champion of local fireworks celebrations and city festivals that promote strong and vibrant cities and neighborhoods.
Some of the hundreds of organizations we support include the local chapters of national organizations including American Red Cross, American Cancer Society, Boys & Girls Clubs, Goodwill Industries, Make-A-Wish Foundation, March of Dimes and Special Olympics. We also support dozens of pancake breakfasts, walks, fun fairs and other fundraisers at associations, churches and schools every year.
Dole Packaged Foods, LLC is a world leader in growing, sourcing, distributing and marketing fruit and healthy snacks. Dole sells a full-line of packaged ambient fruit, frozen fruit, dried fruit, and juices. The company focuses on four pillars of sustainability in all of its operations: water management, carbon footprint, soil conservation and waste reduction.
After submitting the contest form you will see a confirmation screen and receive a confirmation email.
Note: If you click the "Save and Continue Later" button this screen will give you an application link to copy and save for later use. You will also receive an email with the application link.
If you have problems completing this form, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Oops! We could not locate your form.