Internship: Science & STEM Education Intern
GOAL: Help the CPF Institute design, develop, organize, and disseminate tools and resources for science educators focused on facilitating three-dimensional science using the environment as context for learning.
About Captain Planet Foundation:
For almost 30 years, the Captain Planet Foundation has developed and provided project-based environmental learning strategies that bring education to life. Our comprehensive programming supports educators who are looking to: 1) Take learning outside; 2) Connect youth to their local environment; and 3) Empower students to become active agents of change.
About the CPF Institute
The CPF Institute is a program of the Captain Planet Foundation focused on designing, developing, and disseminating tools, resources, and professional learning opportunities to educators that can help them engage their students in three-dimensional science learning.
This internship will be in direct support of the work of the CPF Institute, which will include:
- Providing logistical support the work of the Institute
- Scheduling, preparation for, and assistance at professional development workshops for teachers, focus groups, conference presentations, reviewing/ writing groups, etc.
- Editing and organization of resources and training materials
- Research and continued development and support for Eco STEM Resource Kits;
- Other projects might include:
- Field testing of science education activities incorporating technology such as microcontrollers and environmental sensors, spectrophotometers, etc;
- Creation of videos and hands-on supply kits for distance learning model of professional development;
- Design of environmental stewardship project for each K-12 grade level aligned with NGSS and/ or Georgia science standards
- Excellent communication skills including written and oral
- Attention to detail, precision, and accuracy
- Creative and critical thinker
- Ability to self-manage and think independently
- Passionate about engaging and empowering kids to be positive agents of change
Preferred (any of the following):
- Video production skills and experience;
- Coding; microcontroller programming (arduino, Raspberry Pi, etc)
- App development
Skills You’ll Develop:
- Production skills
- Project management
- Education-oriented design
*please send resume and cover letter to Courtney Kimmel – firstname.lastname@example.org
*Approximately 10-20 hours a week. All internships are unpaid. We are looking for motivated Interns and volunteer positions who are able to handle multiple tasks.