Internship: Social Media Intern
GOAL: Help coordinate and execute the organization’s social media strategy, working across key social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
About Captain Planet Foundation:
For almost 30 years, the Captain Planet Foundation has developed and provided project-based environmental learning strategies that bring education to life. Our comprehensive programming supports educators who are looking to: 1) Take learning outside; 2) Connect youth to their local environment; and 3) Empower students to become active agents of change.
We’re looking for a motivated, resourceful, and tech-savvy person to serve as a social media intern.
Specifically, this internship will entail working with the Creative Team Lead to:
- Generate news, features, and informational content for the website and social media channels
- Monitor comments and reputation on social media channels
- Identify and work with social influencers, bloggers, followers, and potential followers
- Implement promotions and paid social ad campaigns
- Track and analyze communication data
- Proven written communication skills, and a passion for writing both short- and long-copy
- An interest in marketing, communications, or social media
- Familiarity with key social media platforms (e.g. Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram)
- Excellent attention to detail and a high motivation to learn
- Plus: Experience with Facebook Ads, Google AdWords, Google Analytics
Skills You’ll Develop:
- Project management
- Education-oriented communication
*please send resume, cover letter, and writing sample to Avery Carter – email@example.com
*Approximately 10-20 hours a week. All internships are unpaid. We are looking for motivated Interns and volunteer positions who are able to handle multiple tasks.