Internship: Usability Design & Testing
GOAL: Help test and refine new web platforms and mobile applications for use by educators and young people
About Captain Planet Foundation:
For almost 30 years, the Captain Planet Foundation has developed and provided project-based environmental learning strategies that bring education to life. Our comprehensive programming supports educators who are looking to: 1) Take learning outside; 2) Connect youth to their local environment; and 3) Empower students to become active agents of change.
As part of the organization’s work, we are in the process of developing a number of new web and mobile applications for use by educators and students. We are actively seeking an intern that can help test and refine these applications and interfaces based on user experience testing.
- You’ll be working with project teams to help develop and carry-out UX and UI testing of new web platform called Project Hero and new organization website
- You’ll be helping determine and design revisions to platforms based on testing results
- Experience and/ or knowledge of principles of UX and UI design and testing
- Creative and critical thinker
- Ability to self-manage and think independently
- Passionate about engaging and empowering kids to be positive agents of change
- Experience and/ or knowledge with gaming development a bonus
Skills You’ll Develop:
- UX/ UI design and testing
- Project management
- Education-oriented design
- Youth-oriented design
*please send resume and cover letter to Courtney Kimmel – email@example.com
*Approximately 10-20 hours a week. All internships are unpaid. We are looking for motivated Interns and volunteer positions who are able to handle multiple tasks.