The CPF K-12 Program Manager role serves to ensure programs and resources produced and managed by CPF are aligned with the needs and priorities of one of our key audiences — educators and schools. This position would work across programming areas including Project Learning Garden, Project Hero, and Planeteer Alliance to provide guidance and direction for program development, outreach, and evaluation.
- Work with senior leadership on program strategic goals for Project Learning Garden, Project Hero, and Planeteer Alliance as relates to K-12 schools and students
- Work with development leadership to understand the funding mechanisms for all programs, key markets funded, and lead implementation of the benefits that funders may receive in return, as relates to schools and school sites
- Create and lead strategy for processes and program elements that will ensure consistency in grantee experience and program implementation
- Work with partner organizations to further programmatic efforts in target regions
- Manage the ongoing implementation, growth, and programmatic evolution of Project Learning Garden, which currently serves over 680 schools across the U.S., 2 schools in Canada, and 32 schools in London, UK.
- Oversee strategy & implementation of annual school & teacher certification as part of PLG program
- Work with senior leadership to identify and implement strategic intersections between programs serving K-12
- Work with development and communications leadership to develop marketing and communications materials
- Consult with Planeteer Alliance team on Planeteer Clubs program
- Strategically work to strengthen & streamline programs to allow for scalability
- Work with creative team to ensure all Project Hero Quests are current and working
- Develop and manage regular communications to educators
- Oversee review and reporting process for Quest grant applications, and advise on approvals with other program staff
- Maintain project outcome data and support in data presentation/ visualization
Education and Work Experience
This position requires an undergraduate degree or the equivalent in work experience. If relying on work experience, it is preferred that the candidate’s total relevant work experience is equal to three years or more.
- Excellent ability to perform all of the skills required to fulfill all responsibilities outlined in the “Overview and Responsibilities” section above; prior experience with performing these functions is required.
- 3+ years of experience working in non-profit or educational fields.
- Solid understanding of K-12 educational space
- An understanding of Canvas, Salesforce, and/or Asana is a plus!
A Successful Candidate Has:
- A passion for the work of the organization and its mission, is energized about preserving our planet.
- Strong presence and credibility, and a keen ability to build relationships quickly with others, including staff and leadership within the organization, partner and peer organizations and entities, and with funders as needed.
- Strong ability to work in a fast-paced environment, adapt to change, perform under pressure, and possess consistent attention to detail.
- The ability to think strategically and contextually.
- Excellent ability to manage competing priorities and multiple, concurrent tasks, exhibit flexibility, and meet deadlines.
- A growth mindset, eager to hear the perspective of others, can pivot quickly, and can put their own interests aside where needed.
- Ability to bring humor, humility, and kindness to the work.
- Superb verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
Salary: $58,000/yr – $70,000/yr
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Captain Planet Foundation maintains a strong policy of equal opportunity in employment. It is our objective to recruit, hire, and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Our equal employment philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, promotions, transfers, job benefits, and terminations.
To apply, please submit your current resume to email@example.com