Reports to Executive Director
Start Date: January 2020
The Captain Planet Foundation was founded based on the cartoon - Captain Planet & the Planeteers - which told a powerful story - that kids could solve global problems “by their powers combined.” For 28 years, the organization has worked to empower young people around the world to follow in the footsteps of the Planeteers by supporting inspiring youth-led projects, and developing programs designed to engage and empower youth in creating change for their world. We seek a skilled Development Director to help us frame and share that story to gain more widespread support for our mission - engaging and empowering young people to be problem-solvers for the planet.
Captain Planet Foundation's development team focuses on managing and growing a strong portfolio of corporate, foundation, and individual supporters whose investments are critical to the implementation of CPF programs around the globe. In addition to traditional development and grant writing responsibilities, the position also includes primary management of individual giving campaigns and special events, including Gala and fundraising dinners. This position will work closely with communications and creative team, as well as program staff.
- Primary responsibility for corporate, foundation, and government grants
- Research & prospect development
- Designing individual giving program & campaigns
- Special event planning, including annual Gala
- Bachelor's degree (required); MA a plus
- 3+ years of fundraising experience
- Experience coordinating and executing multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent writing & proofreading skills
- Ability to travel
- Ability to collaborate
- Sense of humor
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Ability to self-manage, organize time, and meet deadlines
- Experience presenting and speaking
- Knowledge of Salesforce or CRM system management
- Strong contacts in environment or education a bonus
- Passion for mission-driven work
- Familiarity with current technology & social media
*If interested, please email a cover letter and resume to Leesa Carter-Jones
Captain Planet Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of men and women of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and cultures.