The application for Project Learning Garden is still open! The application will close January 31st, 2020. Please share and encourage any interested educators who might be interested in PLG to complete the application before this date.
- Project Hero has launched! Consider engaging your students in the Pollinator Quest or Soil Quest. Both of these online programs offer platforms for STEAM and inquiry-based teaching and learning. Dig deeper into your garden instruction and empower your students to be Heroes for the Earth!
Both of these programs are free to join, adaptable to your regional considerations, and grant opportunities are available to support projects stemming from the Quests. Check out these and all of our Quests today.
- PLG-T 101 is scheduled to re-open February 1st, 2020. This course is being phased out this semester, so if you didn't have the opportunity to complete the training before it closed this Summer, please work with your team to complete it by April. If you're not sure about your school's progress or completion, please contact Tasha at email@example.com for an update.
- We are running contests in several states this year with our partners at Dole Packaged Foods and neighborhood retailers! Winners will receive Project Learning Garden for their school consideration for a media event and workshop for teachers. Know a school who might be interested? Pass it on! Interested applicants can reach out to us directly for information about how to apply (firstname.lastname@example.org). Schools must be in the geographic region listed and within 10 miles of the retailer listed. We are currently running contests in the areas and with the retailers listed below:
- Jewel-Osco - IL
- Acme - DE, CT, MD, NJ, NY, PA
- Safeway or Albertson's - OR (Portland)
- Harps - AR, KS, MO, OK
- Key Food - NY (Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx, Staten Island)
- ShopRite - DE (Wilmington), NJ (Asbury Park)
- Redner's - PA, DE, MD
- Giant Eagle - PA, OH (N. Central), VA (N. Western), MD
PLG Super Star Highlight
Shout out to PLG Super Star Angela McKnight and Candler Murphy Elementary School in Dekalb County, GA! Angela is always willing to share the wonderful work happening outside in the garden and inside the hallways of her school-and wonderful it is. Angela puts creativity and science to work to make sure that students and staff in her community are exposed to healthy eating choices by serving up deliciously nutritious samples through onsite taste tests and sending fresh produce home with staff. Hats off to Angela and her garden club for working year-round to develop a healthy school culture. Keep up the awesome work, Angela! Your efforts inspire us all.
You can see some of Angela's work and share your own activities in our PLG Facebook group. Haven't joined yet? Do it today!
Thank You to Our Funders
We’d love to see how you’re using your learning garden and cooking materials to support your instruction and projects on campus. How? Upload photos, tips, stories, and questions related to your school garden projects to our Facebook group page.