- How is healthy soil the source of all of our food?
- How can we classify soils by their texture, color, and physical attributes?
- What tools can we use to observe soils?
- What are the components of soil?
- SKE2b. Students will use their 5 senses to observe soils by physical attributes such as smell, texture, color, particle or grain size, etc.
- SKE2c. Students will recognize earth materials: soil, rocks, water, air, etc.
SKE2. Obtain, evaluate, and communicate information to describe the physical attributes of earth materials (soil, rocks, water, and air).
- Ask questions to identify and describe earth materials: soil, rocks, water, and air, etc.
- Construct an argument supported by evidence for how rocks can be grouped by physical attributes (size, weight, texture, color).
- Use tools to observe and record physical attributes of soil such as texture and color.