We're excited to invite you to apply for a special grant to win a Captain Planet Foundation Project Learning Garden® through a partnership with Ingles, DOLE® Packaged Foods, and the Captain Planet Foundation.
The competition is open to all schools (K-5) located in the areas of Greenville, SC, Asheville, NC, Knoxville, TN, and Lake Hartwell, GA. Four (4) grand prize winners will be selected.
ALL ENTRIES MUST BE SUBMITTED BY August 17, 2018.
Captain Planet Foundation’s (CPF) Project Learning Garden Program offers schools strategies for building effective and long-lasting garden-based learning programs. Gardens provide a context for multi-disciplinary learning in subjects across the curriculum. See below for more detailed information on Project Learning Garden. Please complete the following application to the best of your abilities for a chance to win the Project Learning Garden Program for your school!
Click here to download or view the Official Rules.
Project Learning Gardens Program includes:
- Installation of 5 raised beds for veggies and a pollinator garden
- 6 Lessons per grade level (K-5) aligned to common core standards and the framework for K-12 science education
- Lesson kits filled with all supplies needed to teach lessons (3 per grade level)
- Fully-equipped Mobile Cooking Cart to demonstrate garden-fresh recipes
- Summer garden management program model
- Online professional development for teachers
Students involved in school gardens benefit by:·
- Expanding their palates, taste-testing healthy foods, and learning about food origins
- Engaging in authentic science field investigations
- Manipulating the environment to understand math in real-life applications
- Recreating historical activities
- Writing across all disciplines
Ingles strives to provide one-stop shopping convenience to its valued customers. Ingles supermarkets offer customers a wide variety of nationally advertised food products, including grocery, meat, produce, deli and bakery departments. In addition, the company offers pharmacies and fuel at the majority of its 200 plus locations.
The same customer focus and commitment to quality and convenience on which Robert Ingle founded the business in 1963, continues today throughout the organization.
Dole Packaged Foods, LLC is a world leader in growing, sourcing, distributing and marketing fruit and healthy snacks. Dole sells a full-line of packaged ambient fruit, frozen fruit, dried fruit, and juices. The company focuses on four pillars of sustainability in all of its operations: water management, carbon footprint, soil conservation and waste reduction.
Ingles Contest Form
Note: Before you are able to submit the application, you will be asked to upload a signed copy of the Project Learning Garden Letter of Agreement as signed by your school’s Principal. Please complete this step before you begin the application.
If you have problems completing this form, please contact Kathy Lively at firstname.lastname@example.org. After submitting contest form you will receive a confirmation email.