We're excited to invite you to apply for a special grant to win a Captain Planet Foundation Project Learning Garden® through a partnership with Schnucks, DOLE® Packaged Foods, and the Captain Planet Foundation.
The competition is open to any state-accredited elementary school (K-5) located in the state of Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, or Wisconsin and is within 10 miles of a Schnucks store.
ALL ENTRIES MUST BE SUBMITTED BY SEPTEMBER 30, 2021
Captain Planet Foundation’s (CPF) Project Learning Garden Program provides schools and educators with materials and support to create an outdoor learning space using STEAM to engages students’ curiosity about the world around them through immersive learning experiences.
Two (2) grand prize winners will receive:
Package valued at $3,000
- Garden or garden expansion (for schools with an existing garden).
- Access to our online garden-based lessons, spanning content areas and grade levels.
- Materials and supplies to support PLG lessons and garden-based activities.
- Fully-equipped Mobile Cooking Cart to demonstrate garden-fresh recipes.
- Online professional development for teachers.
- Some winning schools will be asked to participate in a media event hosted by our sponsors and a workshop or assembly facilitated by Captain Planet Foundation.
Schnucks is a progressive, family-owned supermarket retailer with 100 stores in Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, and Wisconsin – all managed from our corporate headquarters in St. Louis.
Dole Packaged Foods, LLC is a world leader in growing, sourcing, distributing and marketing fruit and healthy snacks. Dole sells a full-line of packaged ambient fruit, frozen fruit, dried fruit, and juices. The company focuses on four pillars of sustainability in all of its operations: water management, carbon footprint, soil conservation and waste reduction.
After submitting the contest form you will see a confirmation screen and receive a confirmation email.
Note: If you click the "Save and Continue Later" button this screen will give you an application link to copy and save for later use. You will also receive an email with the application link.
If you have problems completing this form, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.