Students will observe the effects of solar radiation.
Estimated Time45 Minutes
- S3P1. Students will investigate how heat is produced and the effects of heating and cooling, and will understand a change in temperature indicates a change in heat.
- c. Investigate the transfer of heat energy from the sun to various materials.
- Ultraviolet-detecting solar bead (1 per student)
- Pipe cleaner (1 per student)
- Provide each student with a pipe cleaner and an ultraviolet-detecting solar bead to create a bracelet.
- Observe the effects of solar radiation on the ultraviolet-detecting solar bead while in full sunlight and in full shade.