October Farm to School Month Campaign, Make Room for Legumes engaged over 240,000 Georgia students in planting, harvesting, tasting, and learning about beans, pea, peanuts, and pulses.
View highlights from the successful Make Room for Legumes:
- Grand prize winner Michelle Gambon and Community Sprouts revived school gardens, created colorful mosaics, and hosted taste tests.
- Stephen Lush of South Jackson Elementary School created the theme song “Come Outta Your Shell”.
- The Alpharetta High School Culinary Program added their own twist to the toolkit recipes!
- Richmond County Nutrition Services broke ground on their new gardening project with help of Augusta Locally Grown and Helms College.
- Toombs County FCCLA earned 3rd place in the #makeroomforlegumes competition at the Perry Fair.