PRIMARY ELEMENTARY | SCIENCE
Adopt a Plant
Students will compare and contrast the life cycles of seasonal crops to trees, closely observing the growth of those plants in the schoolyard garden.
Concepts: Plant Life Cycles
- How can we describe the full life cycle of a plant?
- How can we describe the full life cycle of a tree?
- How does a tree change through the seasons?
- S2L1b. Students will relate seasonal changes to observations of how a tree changes throughout a school year.
- S2L1c. Students will investigate the life cycle of a plant by growing a plant from a seed and by recording changes over a period of time.
Explorations in this Collection
Adopting a Treeseasons / trees
Adopting a Seasonal Plantlife cycle / plants / seasons
Making Seed Necklacesgermination / life cycle / plants
- Journey North
- Tulip Project
- The Monarch Project
- Differences between annual and perennial trees: http://wonderopolis.org/wonder/whats-the-difference-between-annuals-and-perennials/
- A Tree for All Seasons by Robin Bernard
- A Tree is Nice by Janie May Udry
- The Important Book by Margaret Wise Brown