PRIMARY ELEMENTARY | HEALTH & NUTRITION
Eating a Rainbow
Students will explore how to plant a rainbow of edible plant parts (even flowers!) and understand how “eating a rainbow” of fruits and vegetables can nourish their bodies.
Concepts: Healthy Choices | Sorting
- How does “eating a rainbow” nourish our bodies?
- What are some flowers that we can eat?
- SKL1c. Students will group plants according to their observable features.
- SKL2b. Students will explain the similarities and differences in plants.
- HEK1a. Students will identify healthy food choices.
- HEK2b. Students will identify the healthy foods served by the school cafeteria.
- Planting a Rainbow by Lois Ehlert