UPPER ELEMENTARY | SCIENCE
Making Models to Demonstrate Electrostatic Precipitators
Students will use models to learn and demonstrate electrostatic precipitators
Inside or Outside
- S3L2. Students will recognize the effects of pollution and humans on the environment.
- Balloons (1 per small group)
- Dried oregano (small scoop per small group)
- Assist students in blowing up balloons and then demonstrate how to rub it against their hair to generate static electricity.
- Then, instruct students to hold the balloon over dried oregano (representing particle pollutants).
- Review the Pollution Solutions site with students to discuss how electrostatic precipitators work in factories and to explore other pollution solutions.
Explorations in this Collection
Making Models to Demonstrate Electrostatic Cyclone Hoppers
Monitoring the Biology