Carrots are already sweet, but glazed with honey your students will find them better than candy!
Carrots are a rich source of Beta-carotene and Vitamins K & B6.
1 bunch of carrots (about 1_1.5 lbs)
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons honey
Saucepan with lid
- Wash the carrots thoroughly and remove the greens.
- Chop the carrots into small bite-sized pieces.
- Heat the pan up with the water (covered) until it starts to boil and steam (this will happen very quickly). Once it starts steaming, turn the heat down.
- When the carrots are chopped up, add them to the pot with the honey, stir, and cover the lid. Steam the carrots for about 7 minutes, until they are soft and a fork goes through it easily, and until a glaze forms.
- Add some salt to taste and serve.
Tip: You can try chopping the carrot greens to top the glazed carrots with, or you can use the carrot greens to make pesto at the same time.