3 small yellow squash
3 small zucchinis
4 small-medium tomatoes
Salt and pepper
Time: 30 minutes
Ratatouille comes from the French word “touiller” meaning “to stir up”.
- Cut the squash, zucchini, and tomatoes into small pieces.
- Heat the pan up to medium-high heat, and once itÍs hot, add just a little bit of oil in.
- Add the squash and zucchini in first. Cook for 4-5 minutes until they are slightly browned and then add in the tomatoes. Stir occasionally.
- Once there is some browning on the squash (3-4 more minutes), they are finished.
- Add some salt and pepper to taste.
Tip: Browning the squash gives the dish more flavor and texture.