3–4 medium or large tomatoes
1–2 bell peppers
1 bunch cilantro
Salt & Pepper
Time: 15 minutes
Also called pico de gallo or “beak of the rooster” because people ate it by pinching it with their thumb and index finger.
- Cut the tomatoes into small cubes.
- Remove the top of the bell pepper and scoop out the seedy parts. Cut into small squares.
- Dice the onion.
- Cut off the woody stems of the cilantro and roughly chop them (or pick the cilantro leaves by hand).
- Mix it all in a bowl and squeeze 1 lime worth of juice in, add another if needed.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Eat it with tortillas, chips, toast, or go all out and make sweet potato tacos and top them with the salsa fresca!