4-8 Turnips (or mixture of other roots like potatoes, carrots,
2-4 tablespoons butter or oil
Salt and pepper
Parmesean cheese (optional)
Knife, Pot, Forks
Who loves mashed potatoes? We do! Try this simple but healthy spin on a classic dish.
- Chop turnips (and other roots, if using) into 1-2 inch pieces.
- Put veggies in a pot and fill with enough water to cover veggies. Add salt to water and bring to a boil.
- Simmer veggies until tender, 15-30 minutes.
- Drain water from veggies.
- Add butter to veggies. Using forks, large spoons or masher, smash the veggies.
- Season with salt, pepper and cheese (if using) before serving.