3-4 summer squash
4 ounces goat cheese
1/4 cup olive oil
Basil or any fresh herbs
Salt and pepper
Time: 30 minutes
These healthy and delicious roll-ups will have your students asking for more!
- In a small bowl, add goat cheese and 1 tablespoon of chopped herbs.
- Slice squash lengthwise into 1/8 inch thick slices.
- In a small bowl combine 1/4 cup of olive oil and 1 tsp of salt and pepper.
- With a pastry brush, lightly brush the olive oil mixture on both sides of squash.
- Heat in skillet on high about 3-4 minutes.
- Place squash on plate.
- Spread each piece of squash with 2 tsp of the goat cheese.
- Roll up, secure with a toothpick and place on serving platter.
- Repeat with remaining pieces.