These creamy rich wraps are so good, your students will forget they’re eating healthy!
Sweet Potatoes are a rich source of Beta-carotene, Pantothenic acid, and Vitamin B. Swiss Chard is a great source of Potassium and Vitamins A, C & K.
6 cups peeled, boiled, and mashed sweet potatoes
1/4 cup browned onions
1 cup queso fresco
1/4 cup cilantro
1/2 cup squeezed lime
Salt and Pepper to taste
30 large Rainbow Swiss Chard leaves, de-stemmed
- Mix together first 5 ingredients together.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Using medium saucepan, add 1 inch of water to the bottom and place chard leaves in a few at a time, and cook 2 minutes or until leaves become slightly tender and bright green. Remove and drain.
- Add one teaspoon of filling to each leaf and roll up, tucking in the sides of the leaf at the end.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to one day.