These savory pancakes are inspired by the traditional Chinese dish and are sure to satisfy the taste buds.
Turnips are a rich source of Vitamin C.
(for about 4 pancakes)
2 white potatoes
1 large turnip
1/2 cup oil
Salt and pepper
Grater or knives
- Grate potatoes and turnips.
- Squeeze as much moisture out of the grated veggies.
- Add pinches of salt and pepper to veggies.
- Heat oil on pan.
- Form turnip mixture into patties. Place in skillet and gently flatten with spatula, making a thin pancake. Cook on both sides until golden brown.
- Drain oil from pancakes on paper towel. Season with salt and pepper before eating.