Project Giving Gardens
Cultivating school gardens and feeding families in need.
There are 300+ schools around metro-Atlanta who have partnered with CPF's Project Learning Garden program and 120+ community gardens aligned with Food Well Alliance. Combined, these gardens represent over 90 acres and have the potential to grow over 250,000 pounds of food this summer. So we've teamed up with Food Well Alliance and Atlanta Community Food Bank to cultivate, plant, and distribute fresh food from these gardens to Atlanta students and families hit hardest by the COVID-19 crisis.
If your school is currently participating in the Project Learning Garden program, or if your school has a garden and the willingness to help feed students and families across Atlanta during this crisis - we want you!
By participating in this program, your school will receive:
- A branded metal sign in your garden stating “This school garden is feeding families!"
- Your garden will be listed on the Captain Planet Foundation and Food Well Alliance websites with a map of all participating schools and harvest counter.
- Your school will be featured in news stories and publications about the Project Giving Garden program.
- Free plant starts and garden amendments!
- Free Summer Garden Maintenance.
- Free irrigation installed in your garden with a smart timer.
- Free seeds and starter plants for you to plant with your students in the fall.