Project Giving Gardens
Cultivating school gardens and feeding families in need across the
Atlanta metro and San Francisco Bay area communities
Meet the Growers who grew and harvested over 100,000 pounds
of organic produce for Atlanta students and families
during summer 2020!
We are returning in 2022 to serve both the Atlanta metropolitan and San Francisco Bay area communities!
In the Spring of 2020, we teamed up with Food Well Alliance and Atlanta Community Food Bank to cultivate, plant, and distribute fresh food from 100+ schools around metro-Atlanta and 20+ community gardens aligned with Food Well Alliance. Combined, these gardens committed their arable land from May 2020 - November 2020, to grow over 100,000 pounds of fresh food (over 400,000 servings!) for Atlanta students and families hit hardest by the COVID-19 crisis.
In 2021, we signed an additional 60+ schools across San Francisco and Oakland, California. If you are a Project Learning Garden program school, or if your school has a garden and the willingness to help feed students and families across Atlanta and San Francisco / Oakland this summer 2022 - we want you!
By participating in this program, your school will receive:
- A branded metal sign in your garden stating “This school garden is feeding families!"
- Your garden will be listed on the Captain Planet Foundation websites with a map of all participating schools and harvest counter.
- Your school will be featured in news stories and publications about the Project Giving Garden program.
- Free irrigation installed in your garden with a smart timer.
- Free hand washing station installed in your garden.
- Free Summer Garden Maintenance from May - August 2022.
- Free seeds and starter plants for you to plant with your students in the fall of 2022.