Project Giving Gardens
Cultivating school gardens and feeding families in need.
Meet the Growers who have grown and harvested over 80,000 pounds of organic produce for Atlanta students and families!
100+ schools around metro-Atlanta [of our 300+ Project Learning Garden schools] joined CPF's Project Giving Gardens program along with 20+ community gardens aligned with Food Well Alliance. Combined, these gardens committed their arable land from May 2020 - November 2020, to grow over 100,000 pounds of fresh food (over 400,000 servings!) for their local communities. We teamed up with Food Well Alliance and Atlanta Community Food Bank to cultivate, plant, and distribute fresh food from these gardens to Atlanta students and families hit hardest by the COVID-19 crisis.
If your school is currently participating in the Project Learning Garden program, or if your school has a garden and the willingness to help feed students and families across Atlanta next summer 2021 - we want you!
By participating in this program, your school will receive:
- A branded metal sign in your garden stating “This school garden is feeding families!"
- Your garden will be listed on the Captain Planet Foundation websites with a map of all participating schools and harvest counter.
- Your school will be featured in news stories and publications about the Project Giving Garden program.
- Free irrigation installed in your garden with a smart timer.
- Free hand washing station installed in your garden.
- Free Summer Garden Maintenance from May - August 2021.
- Free seeds and starter plants for you to plant with your students in the fall of 2021.