Skip to content
- How is the surface of the Earth shaped by constructive and destructive processes?
- How was life during the Dust Bowl different than life today?
- How can we conserve our valuable top soil in our farming practices today?
- SS5H5. The student will explain how the Great Depression and New Deal affected the lives of millions of Americans.
- a. Discuss the Stock Market Crash of 1929, Herbert Hoover, Franklin Roosevelt, the Dust Bowl and soup kitchens.
- b. Analyze the main features of the New Deal; include the significance of the Civilian Conservation Corps, the Works Progress Administration, and the Tennessee Valley Authority.
- S5E1. Students will identify surface features of the Earth caused by constructive and destructive processes.
- a. Identify surface features caused by constructive processes.
- Deposition (Deltas, sand dunes, etc.)
- b. Identify and find examples of surface features caused by destructive processes.
- Erosion (water—rivers and oceans, wind)
- Impact of organisms
- CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RI.5.2. Determine two or more main ideas of a text and explain how they are supported by key details; summarize the text.